Thursday, February 4, 2021

Ashley Kelley Project 1 Ideas and Black Squares

 For the first project I really kept getting pulled back to a hanging piece. I had a few ideas for this piece. My inspiration came from pinterest. 

This is my inspiration for the first idea: Laurent-Io You should be looking at Alexander Calder's works pinterest. It is time to start to know and remember those whom have worked before us in the larger realm of sculpture. Also James Surls.

I really kind of want to look into the idea of abstract art. It's more outside my comfort zone but I also really like it. I think this piece would really let me express myself in a new way. I think this piece is very fun and I definitely would like to create more versions of this to see if I like those better and think of more materials to play around with.
The idea of this piece and this class is to push what you know how to do already so you continue to progress. This piece is pretty basic and will not challenge you based on what you have already made.
How can you push it further?

Here is my first idea sketch: 


My second idea is one that I had from my freshman year and recently found the idea jotted down in an old sketchbook. I think this one would definitely let me play more with different materials as well as still have an enjoyable project. I think that this one would be more interesting to play with in terms of installation. I also love this idea. 

Okay so no more Pinterest Ashley.  Look at the metal fab link in the 3rd week module online.  We do not have the ceiling to accommodate a piece like this in steel.  

Here is my inspiration from pinterest:

Here is my sketch:


Edit 2/19/20
Here is my project from my book arts class.















No comments:

Post a Comment