Thursday, April 15, 2021

Joshua Trembly Project 3

 My found object is a 6 sided silver box with red upholstery and decorative patterns. It's small and fits in the palm of one's hand. My plan is to use it to house a small figure, probably made out of sculpey, and my favorite idea so far is to house a little monkey figure in it.


These are just a few ideas of what action the monkey will be performing. He is meant to be a monkey "servant", so I would like for him to be offering a gift in one hand and maybe holding fruit in the other. I like the idea of him having a spring or wire lower half and an animal body. I could either make the box so that he springs out when it's opened, or leave it open all of the time. The red upholstery I will probably ditch and replace with blue or yellow, and the lid I would like to line with a needle felted blue and yellow pattern. 

One difficulty I foresee is that I will be done with this pretty early. I'm starting with this concept, but have also thought about making something to "hold" the found object with the monkey figure, like a small beautiful man. I could add him to my growing character collection :). Or, I could make something like a platform for the box to sit on. These concepts I need to go back to the drawing board for.

One thing worth noting is that the designs on the box resemble "angel" figures--they're people with wings--so I want to make sure whatever I add to the box fits its current aesthetic. I think if the monkey is crafted well it will fit the aesthetic.




No comments:

Post a Comment