Thursday, April 15, 2021

Virgil:3rd Idea SOFT and Hard

 As I have pondered what to do with this last project I started to think a bit more abstractly while still trying to think about my portfolio. 

Idea:

When given the funnel and the prompt, I couldn't get my mind off of something industrial. Then I started to think about silks and the threads that spiders(particularly the funnel web spider) us to make there homes. I came up with this idea of insects being caught in a mass of thread that when funneled down twists into a sort of quilt made of the thread and the bugs that got caught will be woven or Sewn into this sheet of fabric. 









Idea 2

Right now, I'm just leaning into this piece and just gonna work with whatever comes to mind. Taking full creative license and just trying to have fun with this last piece. I am pretty set on the idea of having  2 funnels mirror one another, much like an hour glass would having the center being disconnected as the soft fibers flood into the negative area.  I have also been playing around with the idea of some sort of brightly colored sphere being placed in the center of the two fuzzy funnels as if it is being drowned out by the incoming fuzz.







1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea! It's also fitting in with the portfolio you've been sticking with this semester, I can't wait to see how you execute this project and what materials you use! I think that even though spider webs are typically white but I think it would be cool to see what colors you could put into this.

    ReplyDelete